Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Master Manipulator

Life is slowly returning to normal after all the fun of the cousin visit and the birthday festivities. No pictures to post (my camera is out in the car and I'm in my PJs!). Just a few funny stories. Mary Clare has recently become quite the manipulator -- here's a sample conversation --

Mare Clare: "Mommy, I want goldfish."
Me: "No, you can't have goldfish for breakfast."
Mary Clare: "But I love you!"
Me: "That's very nice, but you still can't have any goldfish."
Mary Clare: "But I love Erin!"
Me: "No goldfish."

Tonight, Roger put Mary Clare to bed and then he came down to the kitchen where I was cleaning up. We could hear her on the monitor. This is what we heard:

"Daddy? Daddy, can you hear me? [PAUSE] I need my Daddy! [PAUSE] Roger? Daddy, I LOVE you!"

Well, what's a man to do? Of course he went back upstairs!

No comments: