Still no photos but I thought I'd at least write a post about our activities. Mary Clare turns 18 months old on Tuesday. I think it's finally time to start answering the question "How old is she?" with "One and a half" -- it's time to stop counting in months. Our little girl is learning new skills and words every day. Her newest favorite trick is dipping chips into guacamole. Last weekend and tonight we went out for dinner and ordered her a pile of chips with guacamole. She sits quietly in her high chair intently dipping the chips in the guacamole. Tonight we went for ice cream afterwards and she was able to use the small sample spoon to dip and eat her strawberry ice cream. Mary Clare was immensely proud of herself - as were we!
This morning we had a make-up class at her My Gym class. She really enjoys playing on all the equipment and seeing the other children. Today's class was a special treat because Daddy came with us. She especially likes playing on a small, indoor jungle gym and I think she may be getting ready to ask Daddy for one. Her walking has progressed to running, and now she is busily figuring out how to step up onto and off of things. She is also really enjoying experimenting with what toys/blocks/etc fit into what cups/boxes/etc. We also bought her a beach ball and she has a lot of fun rolling and throwing it up and down our hallway.
I quickly skimmed my old posts and realized that I needed to fill in some gaps in our blog. For example, the porch repairs are STILL not finished. It's extremely close and thus extremely frustrating that it's not done. The historic zoning overlay that Roger worked so hard on passed in the fall -- ensuring that our neighborhood will be protected for the future. On a related note, Tina was appointed to the Historic Zoning Commission -- the group responsible for enforcing and overseeing the regulations related to the overlay. We've only had one meeting but it should be very interesting, and I am looking forward to having adult conversations about non-baby topics at least once each month.
We are almost half way through our pregnancy -- it's so hard to believe! We strongly suspect that we are having another girl but don't know for sure. So far I feel great -- I've had very bad morning sickness (just like I did with Mary Clare), but other than that have had no problems.
That's all for now - hope you all are well.
No comments:
Post a Comment