Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fall Fun

The weather in Tennessee has been fantastic and we are enjoying every minute of it. On Sunday we carved two pumpkins for the front porch. Mary Clare enjoyed adding her own touch with a marker, but was a little scared of the jack o'lanterns once they were lit. The work on our fence continues. The basic fence is done, but the gates and the post caps need to be finished. I think it will look nice once it's done and painted.



In anticipation of having our fence completed, we hosted our play group this afternoon. You can see Mary Clare enjoyed her friend's 4-wheeler. And Mary Clare and her friend John decided to add some pickets to our fence -- if I'd known how good they were at fence-building, we could have saved a lot of money!



The kids also had alot of fun playing on our mini-swing set, although they've really outgrown it.
















Erin update: Despite my posts about her not sleeping the other day, she slept from 10 pm until 3 am, and then until 6, and then until 9 am. So, basically she slept 11 hours last night!! Yoo hoo!! But, then (of course) didnt' take any nap of consequence today. She stayed awake all morning while we waited for the men to arrive to take apart our brand new shower. Sob! The glass panels have been leaking and we're having them removed so some repairs can be made. Thankfully we have a downstairs full bath, but I'll miss using our great new shower. Especially since I didn't even get a shower today so I didn't fully appreciate yesterday's shower as being my last good one for a while! Anyway, Erin stayed awake while we waited for them ( 1 1/2 hours late), then while we went to Mary Clare's My Gym class. She cat-napped through a quick grocery shopping at Publix and didn't fall asleep for a real nap until 3 pm. Then she only slept for about 45 minutes and was awake until 8:30. I guess she just doesn't need much sleep -- the problem is that I do! She doesn't seem to mind it, though, and continues to be very happy. She "talks" all the time and has just started to be able to grab at things. She can turn the music & lights on in her swing now (by pulling on a plastic fish) and seems to really have fun trying to catch her mobile as it goes by . .

I'm off to bed!!

No comments: