Earlier today I spent a few hours cleaning out the basement. I have been filling our guest rooms with all sorts of books, outgrown toys, and miscellaneous items over the past few weeks as part of my annual New Year's purge. Today I took down the girls' puppet theater and sorted lots of toys in "playroom south" (ie, the basement). I separated all the Thomas the train tracks and accessories from all the little dolls and animals. I left the train stuff but brought everything else upstairs to the main playroom. What a rookie mistake!! You would think I would know better by now. As soon as the girls saw the clean open space they 1. Made a craft project that included scissors, tape, glue and beads (Valentine's cards) and 2. Took all the train stuff out to make a city. As I made dinner I watched them carry armload after armload of Barbie furniture and dolls down to the basement. Ken needs to open his own moving company.
It made me a little sad to do this -- when Mary Clare started kindergarten it seemed as though she had so little time left to just play and be a kid. I know that time is coming soon for Erin. So, even though I wanted to purge even more stuff from the house, I left it because I know that someday all those dolls and blocks and plastic animals will be packed away and I will really miss them then! |
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Barbies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment