Today was a beautiful day outside, but we didn't spend too much time enjoying it because both girls were a little under the weather. Erin had a fever and the sniffles on Friday but is bouncing back. Roger took her to the mall (in the convertible - her choice) and bought her new sneakers. As soon as she got home she laced them up and ran outside - "I want to see if I'm faster now!" She was sooo excited! And then she asked me to push her on the swing - "To the Moon, Alice!" I swear, that's what she said. She just cracks me up.
Poor Mary Clare has had a high fever all weekend - even Motrin isn't breaking it completely - and she just feels awful. Pretty sure its just a virus -- no appetite, blood shot eyes from the virus, and tired tired tired. On top of that she has a very wiggly tooth - which she hates. She hates the worry that its going to hurt when it comes out, the feeling of the tooth wobbling around, the worry that she will swallow it. Poor little thing. But, it means lots and lots of time snuggling in bed with her. I know that someday she will not need me - but for now, I just love it when she looks at me and asks me to snuggle with her. We go up to her room and lay on her bed and talk - about nothing or everything. She is so madly in love with our dog Bo - often she'll say, "Let's talk about Bo. Let's talk about how cute he is. How good he is. How much I love how his breath smells [really!]. Let's talk about how funny he is." On and on. Tonight he lay down on the bed and put his head in her lap. She stroked his ears and he gave this big doggy sigh, closed his eyes and fell asleep. She just looked at me with wonderment -- "I did that!" I am so glad that he makes her so happy.
I hope it is always this easy. Tonight she feel asleep slumped against me while we looked at pictures of gardens and talked about spring coming. She was holding my hand, and it was pure bliss. I hope that she remembers it forever, because I know that I will.
2 comments:
That is so beautiful :)
These are the best of times.....
Post a Comment