Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pics


I stopped by the house this morning and snapped these pictures. This shows our new built-in cabinets in the dining room and our newly exposed fireplace. Leaning up on the right side is the new mantle that will surround the fireplace. It's a replica of the one in our den.



This one shows David, one of the workmen, finishing up the work on the new fireplace in the kitchen. If you look closely (double click on the photo for an enlarged version) you can see the new mantle. It was created from one of the old floor joists that was made from a poplar beam.
This gives you an idea of the holes the insulation guys had to make in most of the exterior walls. There are holes like this at the top and bottom of each wall.
And this picture shows you how dusty everything is! This is a book that we left in the house -- I swiped my finger on it so you can see how thick the dust is on everything.

Meanwhile, spring continues. Here are some of the several hundred bulbs that Mary Clare and I planted last fall. I haven't been to the house this afternoon, but our contractor tells us that the drywallers got everything done today except for the taping. Then the tilers will start on Friday. Stay tuned!

No comments: