On Monday I had an Historic Zoning Commission meeting. It was one of our longest agendas (17 items) and I warned Oksana that it would be a late night when I left the girls. I had been dreading the goodbyes but they both surprised me and did just great! Luckily, we buzzed through the agenda and I got home earlier than expected. It was only 7:30 and still light out -- and no one was to be found. Oksana had taken Mary Clare & Erin down the street for an ice cream cone. I didn't know what to do with myself! Although, they shortly returned home and resolved that dilemma for me. :-)
In two weeks Mary Clare starts a day camp at the same location of her school two days per week. This is a picture I took of her with one of her new teachers for the camp. You can see from the nervous expression on her face that she is a little anxious about it -- but I think she'll do well. Her friends John & Chloe are in her group.
Yesterday we had a picnic and play date at the local park. Several of our friends made it and we had so much fun. The weather has been extraordinary -- brilliant sun and 70 degrees. Just warm enough to want to be outside, but cool enough for a light sweater. I love it!
Today Mary Clare was invited to a birthday party
for a friend from her school at class. It was held at an indoor sort of playground and you can
see she had fun -- she's in the polka dot shirt. After her nap, Angie (our babysitter) came for a few hours and Mary Clare really enjoyed seeing her. In fact, she invited her for dinner and to help her take her nap and get her into her PJs -- which she did! Mary Clare thought it was so much fun.
And not to leave Erin out - she had a busy week, too. She is really working on trying to stand up -- she keeps doing a sort of yoga pose with straight legs while she pushes up on her arms. Mary Clare says she looks like a cat -- but I think it's more like "Downward Facing Dog." She is very excited about it and has almost toppled over a few times head first. And she is pointing at things to try to communicate now -- When she woke up from her nap today and I was taking her downstairs she kept pointing at Mary Clare's bedroom door - as if to tell me to take her in there. And she laughs hysterically when she plays "Take this thing from me, and then give it back." We play that for hours it seems. Tonight she got a big chuckle over the classic game -"Daddy's nose beeps when I touch it."
Tomorrow our organic farm starts up again so I'll probably have some pictures from the Farmer's Market. Happy Friday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment