The girls enjoying a snack in the garden one day after school.
On Good Friday I was walking through the garden and saw this little frog sitting on a lily pad. The girls have named him Eadric - after a frog in a story we are reading. He has been making his bull-frog sounds every
night - or at least most night. And we are assuming he is a male because of that. I think he might be the grownup tadpole that Erin and I snuck home from the botanic garden in Nashville one day last summer. Mary Clare was taking art classes there and while we waited for her to finish, Erin and I scooped Eadric (in his fishy form) into an empty Starbucks cup and brought him home. After slipping him into the pond I never saw him again, and I assumed the goldfish ate him. But now I think he was just biding his time for spring to come. We have really enjoyed seeing him out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment